International Mind, Swiss Born, Based in Israel
“Adina Tal is a visionary founder, director and educator. She is someone who understood the power of theater to reach those considered unreachable.” – Prof Elizabeth Bradley, NYU New York
The performances of Nalaga’at have been experienced by hundreds of thousands in Israel and worldwide, and no one walks out of a performance without having been deeply touched, often in completely unanticipated ways.
After 15 years Adina decided to move forward, and she is now sharing stories from her life-journeys through “Every Wall has a Door” Talks & Workshops, and developing new models mentoring sustainable social cultural enterprises and projects.
Playwright and director with theatre companies The Jerusalem Theater Company, Haifa Theater, Tsavta Theatre
Establishment of an independent theatre company Erua Theatre with Rina Padua, specializing in interactive theater with a strong social engagement. Writing, directing and acting. Plays about violence, old age and Jewish identity.
Beginning of theatrical work with a group of 12 deaf-blind people
Establishment of the not-for-profit organization Nalaga’at
Artistic Director and co-Director of Nalaga’at. Writing, directing and producing the theater performance ‘Light is Heard in Zigzag’
President and Artistic Director of the Nalaga’at Center, writing, directing and producing the theater performance “Not by Bread Alone”, the theater workshop “Give Me A Sign!”, co-directing “The Prince-Rooster” a play for children, and establishing and directing the new Multi-Cultural deaf-blind theater ensemble’s performance “Luna Park”.
Awards & Distinctions (selection)
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 – The Schwab Foundation and World Economic Forum (WEF)
- “50 Most Talented Social Innovators” at the World Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Day in Mumbai, India, 2015.
- Honorary Doctorate from Tel Aviv University – ‘In recognition of her outstanding contribution as a theater and arts innovator, writer and director …’
- Honorary Fellow at the Ruppin Academy
- The Willie Trump Chesed Award
- Boston Parliament’s Certificate of Excellency to “Light is Heard in Zigzag”
- Medal of Equality presented to ‘Light is Heard in Zigzag’
“Adina is one of the most captivating and persuasive people I have ever met, and justly proud of what she has created.” – Mark Ball, Artistic Director LIFT Festival London